Monday, December 8, 2008

The day the Rapture Happened

By Dan Hamblin
I was on my way home from work, just another typical day. I was about three miles from my house and I watched as the car in front of me veered off the road and crashed into a telephone pole. I got out of my truck and ran up to the car to see if the driver was OK, when I got to the car there was no driver, only his clothes. I stood there puzzled for a moment and the person that was driving behind me ran up to me and asked of the driver was OK, I told her that nobody was in the car, only the drivers clothes remained. I dialed 911 to inform the local police, after a long time on hold I finally got a police dispatcher on the line; he informed me that they had many calls about the same thing and multiple reports of people simply vanishing. I gave him the information as to the location of the crash and hung up the phone in a state of confusion.
The other driver and I decided there was nothing we could do now and we departed the scene. As I continued home I listened to news radio in my truck horrified at what I was hearing. There were reports of major accidents, airplanes crashing into various buildings and thousands of people missing. There were reports of a major train crash in Cleveland and a 167 car pile up in interstate 70 in western Pennsylvania just to name a few.
As I turned on my street I noticed random clumps of clothing here and there and a couple other vehicles that had been wrecked into other vehicles and homes. I pulled into my drive and saw my wife's car was there and rushed inside to see if she was there. Upon entering my home all I found were was the dog remaining. The kids' clothes were laid out on the sofa as if they had been watching television and my wife's clothes lying on the floor in the kitchen. It was heart wrenching to see it especially in my own home. It only took me a moment to realize that the rapture had happened and that I had been left behind. I knew of the rapture and that the time was near and the way the world was set for it to happen but I never thought it would actually come to pass in my lifetime.
I switched on CNN as I tried to dry the tears that were pouring from my eyes like a waterfall and saw that in a matter of hours the world had slipped into total chaos. There were reports of plane crashes, shipwrecks, more car accidents than anyone could ever count, riots and upheaval like never seen before in the history of the world. There were also multiple reports of vanishings.
Just as I was getting ready to go out and check on other family members the news was interrupted by an announcement from President Obama. He was on the news telling everyone that there had been hundreds of thousands and maybe even millions of vanishings. He said the government was working to find an explanation and that this was a global event, not just America. A man came up to Mr. Obama and handed him a paper and Mr. Obama had to immediately leave the camera.
The next thing I heard scared me more than I have ever been in my entire life. The Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appeared on the podium and informed us that were being attacked. Russia and Iran had launched a nuclear arsenal towards the United States. It was all out war and she informed us that the military was working to intercept the missiles. She also declared that we are now under marshal law and that there had been a 9 o'clock curfew implemented for the entire United States. She explained that anyone who resisted would be immediately imprisoned without trial and would be dealt with swiftly.
This had all happened within a matter of hours, I knew we were in for a time of great tribulation as mentioned in the Bible. I knew that the only thing I could do was pray. This was all in God's hands now. Jesus had come for His church and I had been left behind. Don't let this be you. Turn to Christ before it is too late. Open your heart and ask him into your heart to live there forever and accept him as your one and only savior. Don't be left behind.

No comments: